Tennis programs for all levels this summer with Professional Coaches
We are excited to announce that Larrimac Golf and Tennis Club has hired professional tennis coach John Wins-Purdy for the 2021 season. John, who recently moved to Chelsea, loves the game of tennis and truly enjoys sharing his love of the game with others. His special brand of enthusiasm, encouragement, and patience serves to build confidence and instill a passion for tennis and sport in all of his students. He enjoys working with players of all ages and abilities.
- Manger of Tennis Business Strategy and Professional Coach at the Rideau Sports Centre (RSC)
- Director of St. James Tennis Club
- Ottawa Regional Coordinator for the Ontario Tennis Association and Tennis Canada
- Directed well-known programs such as Little Aces and Capital Kids which introduced tennis to tens of thousands of kids in our region in schools, clubs and on public courts.
- An active contributor to regional tennis development in a volunteer capacity
- Tennis Canada Course Facilitator
- Board Member of the National Capital Tennis Association
We are also happy to welcome Petra Januskova to our tennis program. Petra will be assisting John with the junior program and taking on some of the tennis lessons when needed.
Petra, a Canadian and Czech citizen graduated from Penn State University with the highest proficiency award in athletics and academics. After graduating in 2013 she turned professional. At the end of her next season as a pro she cracked the Top 10 year-end rankings for Canadian women’s tennis players for the first time.
She won the outdoor doubles championship at the Rogers Junior National Tennis Championships as both a U14 and U16 player, as well as the indoor championship in U14. In her two years in that division, she was ranked Canada’s 2nd and 4th best women’s player at the year’s end. As a 15 and 16-year-old she kept a 3rd place ranking in her age group in Canada.
Petra was recently elected to the International Tennis Federation Player Panel by fellow professionals where she represents North America and volunteers her time to make changes to the professional tennis circuit. She also completed her Masters of Science at Durham University in the United Kingdom while coaching and playing on a tennis scholarship.
Please contact John and Petra at email@example.com to start your coaching journey this season!